The coronavirus (Covid-19), considered and confirmed to be the worst ever pandemic disaster to have hit humanity globally, launches its attack in three major areas of our human livelihood.
1. Health, economic and food resources
The adversary the devil Satan attacks the creator God Jesus Christ in the same three major domains (Matthew 4).
1. If you are God – turn these stones into bread
2. If you are God – throw yourself down from this pinnacle, your angels will catch and bear you up.
3. If you are God – bow down, serve and worship me.
Creator God at the beginning of times, blessed humanity and said unto them, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” (Genesis 1: 28).
1. Be fruitful and multiply – overpopulation was never considered a problem because there was more than enough to feed all of humanity and all generations.
2. Replenish and subdue – rule over and manage it sensibly, honestly, fairly and wisely and you will be well for ever.
3. Have dominion – justified and sustainable power over all your food resources, in the sea, in the air, on land and every living thing that moveth upon the earth, plenty there for all to richly share and enjoy.
This is the divine Magna Carta for all true scientific and material progress for human growth, development and survival upon earth. Humanity was instructed to acquire a knowledge and mastery over his/her material environment, to bring its supplies into the service of all times and races, not to the greedy and selfish few only.
Man was created in innocence, placed in a perfect environment, subjected to a simple test, and warned of the consequences of disobedience. He was not compelled to sin but, tempted by his/her own selfish desire, hence, chose to disobey God. How many today are in that same boat of ignorant and foolish disobedience? God warns, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge … rejecting knowledge of God rejects one’s own self and one’s own children” (Hosea 4: 6).
Life of Godly stewardship
So long as everyone stays within the bounds of God-honouring and God-ordained stewardship, godly promised prosperity is always at our doorsteps.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting” (Galatians 6: 7 – 9).
“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death” (James 1: 13 – 15).
Tragic consequences caused by human greed, ignorance and arrogance.
1. Rapidly moves into wanting to become ‘god’ him/herself (self-willed, self-righteous, self-importance) and slowly pushes God out of all equations.
2. Countless warfare against his/her own kind in lust for power, conquest, territory and wealth at the expense of multi millions of human innocent lives.
3. Selfishly gathers and accumulates so much wealth for self than to share at the expense of many innocent, vulnerable, weak voiceless few who could not speak nor fend for themselves.
4. Millions upon millions of innocent both unborn aborted and born infants neglected and abused due solely to a lack of Godly fear, wisdom and integrity.
5. The rich and strong gets richer and more powerful while the poor and weak gets poorer and weaker where the tip of the balance clearly shows the difference between the rich and strong craving for more while the poor and weak remain neglected, poverty stricken, grossly and inhumanely deprived of quality of life assistance even in incredibly rich in oil, gas, iron ore, copper, minerals, gold, diamonds and naturally resourced privileged countries of the world.
Despite the crippling and paralysing onslaught of Covid-19 pandemic, however, light of hope still streams through at one end of the tunnel.
1. News on page 8 in Tuesday, July 14 heads – Wealthy plead for heavier taxes on them all. A group of the world’s richest people calls on their governments to permanently increase taxes on them to pay for the economic recovery from Covid-19. 89 in NZ demanding immediate, substantial and permanent higher taxes on wealthy people like them – wow! That is God! Glory, honour and praise to the name of Jesus!
2. How so very many hope groups in our very own local Kuki community, besides our government’s first and second stimulus economic package to employers and employees, the increase of welfare benefits; are continuously jumping on board to support Internal Affairs, Red Cross, BCI, BSP, Rotary, Church, Sports, NGOs, Agriculture and so forth to help provide much needed food and basic essentials to low-income families.
3. Never before have we seen social media, Facebook, zooms, radio and television all ridden with Church Services, Gospel programmes and the Name of Jesus Christ being preached, exalted and worshipped from one end of the globe to the other.
Finally, the Lord Jesus Christ rebukes the adversary Satan in the three main domains of his attacks upon God-created- fellow- humans saying:
1. It is written, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” ( Mathew 4: 4),
2. It is written again, “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God” (verse 7),
3. “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve” (verse 10).
The devil was defeated and left, so shall this Covid-19 pandemic be defeated but only if we use God’s written words and wisdom as sole weapon against him.
God bless, protect, preserve and prosper our beautiful Cook Islands, our lovely paradise! Have a safe and blessed Jesus’ weekend! Amene!