More Top Stories

National
National

Protecting whistleblowers

6 September 2022

Local

Local surfer at spot x

5 September 2022

Rugby league
Local

Vaka Training Successful

30 August 2022

Economy
Environment
Pacific Islands
Rugby league
Environment
French Polynesia
Culture
Regional
Rugby league
Local
Pacific Islands

Pacific news in brief

12 August 2022

Court
National

Competitor at heart

11 August 2022

National

Final counting underway

10 August 2022

Local

The ride of their lives

8 August 2022

Sports
Culture
Opinion

Record vendors for popular BCI Trade Days

Wednesday 27 July 2022 | Written by Melina Etches | Published in Business, National

Share

Record vendors for popular BCI Trade Days
Photo: MELINA ETCHES/22072602

A record number of 64 vendors will feature in the popular three-day BCI (Bank of the Cook Islands) Trade Days event which starts this morning from 9am to 2pm at the Punanga Nui market.

The vendors include 60 per cent with arts and craft stalls and the remaining 40 per cent selling food.

Skilled craftswoman Mii Upu, pictured wearing one of her locally made pearl shell necklaces, will be selling the item alongside other creations at the BCI Trade Days Expo this week.

Upu worked until late yesterday evening weaving and sewing pearl and shell beaded necklaces, bracelets and earrings to complement her stall which also features locally made coconut oil, everlasting ei katu, tivaivai, pareu and a range of strings of pearls.

The BCI Trade Days are organised by the Business Trade Investment Board (BTIB).

BTIB’s chief executive officer Repeta Puna is pleased with the record number of small local businesses participating in the trade days and encourages everyone to visit the stalls and show their support.

BTIB Minister Patrick Arioka will officially open the Trade Days followed by an address by the sponsor BCI’s managing director Vaine Nooana-Arioka.

There will be live entertainment, food, plant and art vendors, spot prizes and giveaways at the Punanga Nui Market throughout the three days.