Subscribe | Login/Register
12 April 2021
10 April 2021
Tuesday 8 September 2020 | Written by Losirene Lacanivalu | Published in Crime
This unoccupied house in Avatiu burnt to the ground early Friday morning. 20090436
This comes after Aviation Rescue Fire Services confirmed the blaze wasn’t the result of an electrical fault or natural causes.
The unoccupied property located near the Avatiu Sports Clubhouse and playing fields, was burnt to the ground around 1am on Friday last week.
Police said according to the property’s owners, the house was vacant.
Fire Services manager George Nicholls said their fire investigator is still speaking to witnesses and making enquiries about the caller to 999.
Nicholls said they were working hard to establish how the fire started.
“We can only eliminate electrical and natural cause because the power to the house was disconnected ages ago,” he said.
Natural cause was ruled out due to clear and calm weather during the night of the fire, Nicholls added.