More Top Stories

National
National

Protecting whistleblowers

6 September 2022

Local

Local surfer at spot x

5 September 2022

Rugby league
Local

Vaka Training Successful

30 August 2022

Economy
Environment
Pacific Islands
Rugby league
Environment
French Polynesia
Culture
Regional
Rugby league
Local
Pacific Islands

Pacific news in brief

12 August 2022

Court
National

Competitor at heart

11 August 2022

National

Final counting underway

10 August 2022

Local

The ride of their lives

8 August 2022

Sports
Culture
Opinion

NES warns of fire fume danger

Thursday 21 June 2018 | Published in Environment

Share

NES warns of fire fume danger
The blackened shell of the Friendly Mart building, as it looked early last Friday morning. The photo was taken on Akaoa No1 Rd at the rear of the store, where eyewitnesses claim the fire broke out.

Toxic smells still coming from the burned-out shell of the Friendly Mart store have prompted a warning from the National Environment Service for people to keep away from the Arorangi building.

Toxic smells still coming from the burned-out shell of the Friendly Mart store have prompted a warning from the National Environment Service for people to keep away from the Arorangi building.


To continue reading this article and to support our journalism

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE NOW
for as little as $11 per month.

- Up to date and breaking news
- Includes access to Premium content
- Videos and online classifieds

Already a subscriber, click here

Our people. Our news. First.