Prime Minister Mark Brown says Government will continue to closely monitor the situation in New Zealand and stands ready to revise the country’s border settings if required.
There will be no change to Cook Islands’ alert level or border settings at this stage, despite a new Covid-19 community case in New Zealand connected to what has been called the November quarantine cluster.
Islands Government will continue to closely monitor the situation in New
Zealand and stands ready to revise the country’s border settings if, and when
it is deemed prudent to do so, Prime Minister Mark Brown says.
announcement comes after it was revealed on Friday afternoon that there was one
new Covid-19 community case in New Zealand, a border worker (Case F), linked to
what the New Zealand Ministry of Health has labelled the “November quarantine
weekly flight from Auckland was preparing to land at Rarotonga Airport on
Friday afternoon with 25 passengers on board, Cook Islands health officials
from Te Marae Ora were liaising with their New Zealand counterparts.
been standard procedure for each of the weekly flights, Te Marae Ora staff were
at the airport to conduct Covid-19 testing for all arriving passengers.
new community case in Wellington (Case F), is already in supervised quarantine,
and is a close contact of one of the cases from the November cluster, Case B –
the Wellington Defence Force employee who helped run a workshop on Army values
Zealand health officials said the person was self-isolating at home from
November 7 and chose to transfer to a managed isolation facility five days
returned a negative day five test but were confirmed as a case after a positive
test result on day 12.
Zealand Ministry of Health said the cluster was contained.
remains in the managed isolation facility in Wellington. All close contacts
have been followed up, tested, and returned negative results.
Ora advised that there is no change to the risk assessment process that was
undertaken this week, considering this person has been in a managed isolation
facility and hence there is no change to the country’s alert level.
Health ministry yesterday also confirmed 58 returnees who arrived last week
undertook their second in-country tests on Thursday and all returned negative