One of the four young men involved in the Tex Mart aggravated robbery case on April 20 this year has been denied bail.
Teatuaveroa Tuakanangaro was denied bail in the High Court last week after he failed to follow every bail condition imposed on him.
He has been held in custody since April, while three of the others charged are currently on bail.
Tuakanangaro has admitted to the charge and like another of the two accused, will be sentenced before a judge - a date is yet to be confirmed.
Lawyer Andrew Ahsin in his bail application, submitted letters of support from his client’s mother, requesting 24 hours’ curfew and avoiding any association with his co-offenders.
Police prosecutor senior sergeant Fairoa Tararo opposed bail saying the defendant faces serious charges and does not follow his bail conditions.
Looking through the defendant’s criminal history, Justice of the Peace Georgina Williams said Tuakanangaro has had six contempt of court charges in the past and had another two recent contempt charges, which he is yet to enter a plea on.
“He’s known to the court and the likelihood of him reoffending is high,” she said.
Tuakanangaro also admitted to two possession of utensils charges. His sentencing date will be confirmed by the court registrar.
Meanwhile, Tex Mart robbery co-offender Rechimaer Rairoa’s interim name suppression was lifted.