Acting Permanent Secretary Dr James Fong in addressing members of the media said both new cases are Fijian citizens who were repatriated from India on July 1.
Dr Fong said one is the 37-year-old son of the first border quarantine case and the second case is a 36-year-old female who had been to Chennai, India accompanying her husband who was undergoing treatment for a medical condition.
“The border quarantine case 2 currently has mild symptoms and together with his father (first case) have been transferred from Nadi facility to Lautoka facility because the first case has some pre-existing medical condition and is of advanced age,” Dr Fong added.
“Our border quarantine case 3 has also reported mild symptoms of Covid-19 while in the quarantine facility and her test was positive for Covid-19 in the Fiji Center for Disease Control (CDC). She is in a stable condition and has been transferred along with her husband to the Nadi Isolation Facility.”
Dr Fong states that the husband of case 3 will be tested today with the result being confirmed tomorrow.
“All the rest of our 105 patients will also be tested tomorrow and by the end of business tomorrow we should be getting some results.” Dr Fong said.
“All of the people that were on the plane have been in our Government funded quarantine facilities and they are currently being supervised there,” he added.
“I want to be very clear that not a single passenger on board that flight from India is among the public. Every passenger was safely transported to the quarantine facility the moment they arrived where they have remained under strict Republic of Fiji Military Forces supervised supported supervision.”