Approximately 20 returnees are expected on Friday’s flight, according to Te Marae Ora.
The third cohort of returnees joins 122 individuals currently in quarantine at residences approved by the health ministry.
Of those, 82 will be able to exit the quarantine process this Friday provided they have produced two negative Covid-19 tests and have obtained medical clearance from health officials.
On Monday, the results of 69 swabs sent to New Zealand late last week for Covid-19 testing were returned negative, the health ministry said in a statement.
The government’s quarantine system for returnees has increasingly come under fire from the opposition Democratic Party and business leaders after several confirmed breaches since flights resumed earlier this month with the lifting of border restrictions.
The process was nearly derailed from the outset after traditional leaders from Vaka Puaikura threatened to install road blocks over the community’s concerns with the government plan.
Secretary Dr Josephine Aumea Herman said the breaches have put the entire process in “jeopardy”.
The health ministry has warned of strict penalties for quarantine violations, which can result in a maximum of 12 months imprisonment and potential fines of up to $10,000.
The ministry is now working with police and Crown Law to review the breaches.